CLAT Counselling 2024: The Consortium of NLUs is expected to commence the CLAT 2024 counselling process tentatively during the second week of December. This counseling for CLAT 2024 will comprise five rounds and will kick off following the conclusion of the CLAT examination.
Table of Contents
CLAT Counselling 2024 Update
General category candidates are required to submit a counseling fee of Rs 30,000, while reserved category candidates need to pay Rs 20,000 during the counseling registration process for CLAT 2024. Only candidates who are included in the CLAT invite list will be eligible to participate in CLAT 2024. The counseling procedure for CLAT 2024 is conducted through a centralized online system, and it is conducted separately for both undergraduate (UG) and postgraduate (PG) programs.
The entire process will adhere to the CLAT 2024 counselling dates released by the consortium. Following each round of counselling, the consortium will publish seat allotment results for the national law universities participating in the admission process. The CLAT 2024 examination is scheduled to take place on December 3, 2023.
|Exam date||December 3, 2023 (Announced)|
|Result declaration||The second week of December 2023|
|Release of CLAT invite list||The second week of December 2023|
|Commencement of counselling||The second week of December 2023|
Selecting NLU Preferences for CLAT 2024 Admission
CLAT 2024 admission process, candidates are required to indicate their NLUs (National Law Universities) preferences prior to downloading their CLAT admit card. Filling out the CLAT 2024 NLU preference form is a mandatory step in this procedure. To complete this step, candidates must log in to their CLAT account and add a minimum of five NLUs preferences. There is no maximum limit to the number of NLUs preferences that a candidate can add. It is important to note that candidates will be considered for admission only at those NLUs they selected as preferences during the specified period.
How to add NLU preferences for CLAT 2024?
- Login to your CLAT account.
- Click on “update preferences” tab in the dashboard.
- Fill the preferences according to your choice.
- Click on download admit card button.
Here’s a step-by-step process:
Declaration of Result: The first step of the CLAT counselling process is the declaration of CLAT 2024 result. Candidates who have qualified for the exam will be eligible to participate in the counselling process.
Payment of Counselling Fee: After the result declaration, candidates need to pay the counselling fee to participate in the process. General category candidates need to pay Rs. 30,000/- and SC/ST candidates need to pay Rs. 20,000/-.
Registration: Candidates need to register for the counselling process by providing their basic details, educational qualifications, and other relevant information.
Seat Allotment: Based on the rank obtained by the candidate and the choices filled by them, the seat allotment process will take place. The seat allotment will be done in multiple rounds.
Document Verification: After the seat allotment, candidates need to verify their documents at the allotted college.
Admission Fee Payment: After the document verification, candidates need to pay the admission fee to confirm their admission.
Reporting to the College: Finally, candidates need to report to the allotted college to complete the admission process.
CLAT counselling registration 2024 will be held online mode. Candidates who appeared for the CLAT exam will be required to register on the official website of the consortium of NLUs. Here is the step-by-step process of CLAT counselling registration.
- Login to CLAT Account: To register for the CLAT counselling process, candidates need to log in to their CLAT account.
- Payment of Counselling Fee: After logging in, candidates need to click on the “Make Payment” button to pay the counselling registration fee. The fee for general category candidates is Rs. 30,000/- and for SC/ST candidates is Rs. 20,000/-.
- Complete Counselling Registration: After the payment of the counselling fee, candidates need to complete the registration process for the counselling.
- Fill in Details: Candidates need to fill in their basic details, educational qualifications, and other relevant information.
- Download Application Form: After the completion of the registration process, candidates need to download the application form for future reference.
Seat Allocation Process
Candidates will be allotted seats during the seat allocation of CLAT 2024. Candidates who successfully completed the counselling registration will be eligible for the CLAT 2024 seat allocation process. Candidates can get further clarity about the CLAT seat allocation process 2024 from the table below:
|Seat Allotment||Based on the candidate’s rank and availability of seats in the preferred NLUs, the seat allotment process is conducted.|
|Acceptance of Seat||After the seat allotment, candidates need to accept the seat by paying the admission fee and completing the admission process.|
|Upgrade or Exit Option||Candidates who are not satisfied with their allotted seats can apply for an upgrade in the subsequent rounds of seat allocation or exit the admission process.|
What are Freeze, Float and Exit options in CLAT 2024 counselling?
During CLAT counselling, candidates are given the option to choose from three options: freeze, float, and exit. These options are explained as follows:
- Freeze Option: If a candidate is satisfied with the seat allotted to them and does not wish to participate in further rounds of counselling, they may choose the freeze option. By choosing this option, the candidate is confirming their seat at the allotted National Law University (NLU), and they will not be considered for further rounds of counselling.
- Float Option: If a candidate is not satisfied with the seat allotted to them and wishes to participate in further rounds of counselling, they may choose the float option. This option allows the candidate to accept the seat allotted to them but also indicates their willingness to participate in further rounds of counselling for a better seat. If a candidate chooses the float option and is allotted a seat in a subsequent round, the seat allotted in the previous round will be forfeited.
- Exit Option: If at any point during the counselling process, a candidate decides not to participate any further, they may choose the exit option. By choosing this option, the candidate will be withdrawing from the counselling process, and their name will not be considered for further rounds of counselling.
It is important to note that the availability of these options may vary among different NLUs and counselling rounds. Candidates are advised to check the official CLAT website or the website of the respective NLU for detailed information.
Document required for CLAT 2023 counselling
|CLAT UG||CLAT PG|
|10th or equivalent mark sheet||10th or equivalent mark sheet|
|12th or equivalent mark sheet||12th or equivalent mark sheet|
|Marksheet of law graduation|
|Transfer / Migration Certificate||Transfer / Migration Certificate|
|Caste Certificate (SC/ST/OBC etc.) if applicable||Caste certificate (SC/ST/OBC etc.) if applicable|
|PWD Certificate (If applicable)||PWD Certificate (If applicable)|
|Domicile/residence certificate (If applying under the domicile category)||Domicile/residence certificate (If applying under the domicile category)|
NLU Admission Process after CLAT Seat Allotment 2024
After the CLAT seat allotment, candidates need to complete the NLU admission process to secure their admission. The admission process varies slightly among different NLUs, but it typically involves the following steps:
- Payment of Admission Fee: Candidates who are allotted seats in NLUs need to pay the admission fee to confirm their admission. The fee amount and payment mode vary among NLUs.
- Document Verification: Candidates need to submit their original documents for verification at the NLU. The documents typically include CLAT scorecard, CLAT admit card, class 10th and 12th mark sheets, category certificate (if applicable), and other relevant documents.
- Seat Confirmation: After the document verification, candidates need to confirm their seats by submitting the required documents and paying the balance fee (if any).
- Orientation and Induction Program: NLUs typically conduct an orientation and induction program for newly admitted students. The program provides an overview of the academic curriculum, rules and regulations, and other important information.
CLAT 2024 Counselling Fee Refund
Candidates who applied for CLAT 2024 counselling and did not get any seat allotted will have the right to get 100% fee refund. Here are some important details related to the CLAT counselling fee refund:
- Candidates who are not allotted any seat in the counselling process will be entitled to 100% fee refund.
- Candidates who were allotted seats but exited the counselling after rejecting the allotment will also get a refund, but some deductions will be made from the refund amount.
- In case candidates are found ineligible for admission, he/she will get a refund after some deductions.