Maharashtra State CET cell will release the MHT CET 2024 exam pattern online at cetcell.mahacet.org. Candidates will be able to download the MHT CET paper pattern pdf from the information brochure that will be available online.
Table of Contents
About MHT CET Exam Pattern
MHT CET 2024 examination structure encompasses various aspects, including question types, total marks, exam mode, marking scheme, passing marks, question quantity, and more. It’s vital for MHT CET exam candidates to acquaint themselves with the exam syllabus. Familiarity with both the exam pattern and syllabus aids in effective preparation. MHT CET 2024 will be administered as a computer-based test in online mode.
The examination format, according to the MHT CET paper pattern PDF for 2024, will consist of two sections: Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics, each carrying 100 marks. The question paper will be derived from the Class 11th and 12th syllabus of the Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education. Negative marking will apply for B.Tech and other courses admission in the affiliated institutes of Maharashtra.
MHT CET 2024 Exam Pattern
|Mode of Examination||Computer Based Test|
|Sections||There will be two sections-Section 1- Physics and Chemistry|
Section 2- Mathematics
|Duration of Exam||180 minutes (90 minutes for each section)|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Total number of Questions||150 (50 questions for each subject)|
|Total Marks||200 marks (100 marks for each section)|
|Language of Examination||Mathematics will be in the English language|
Physics and Chemistry will be in English/Urdu/Marathi
|Marking Scheme||Physics & Chemistry – 1 mark will be awarded for every correct answer.|
Mathematics – 2 marks will be awarded for every correct answer.
There will be no negative marking.
MHT CET 2024 Paper Pattern and Marking Scheme
|Subject||Approximate number of questions||Marks per question||Total marks||Duration in minutes|
|Class XI||Class XII|
|Physics||10||40||1 mark||100||90 minutes|
|Mathematics||10||40||2 marks||100||90 minutes|
Difficulty Level of MHT CET 2024
MHT CET exam is considered to be one of the toughest entrance exams in Maharashtra and is on the same difficulty level as JEE Main 2024. Looking at the previous trends of the exam paper, the difficulty level of questions asked will be moderately tough and somehow follow JEE Main paper. Candidates appearing for MHT CET 2024 should once have a look at JEE Main question papers as well.
MHT CET Exam Pattern 2024 – Key Points
- Maharashtra CET 2024 will be conducted as a computer-based exam of 3 hours.
- The MHT CET 2024 will have two sections- Physics & Chemistry and Mathematics.
- It must be noted that for the first 90 minutes, only section 1 i.e. Physics & Chemistry will be active and after the completion of 90 minutes, the section will be automatically closed. After this, candidates will have to attempt the Mathematics section in the next 90 minutes.
- It means candidates will not be allowed to switch between sections.
- MHT CET 2024 will have multiple choice questions having 4 options out of which only one alternative/answer will be correct.
- There is no negative marking in the MHT CET exam.
- MHT CET question paper 2024 will be prepared on the basis of the syllabus of the Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education.
- Approximately, 20% weightage will be given to the 11th standard syllabus and 80% to the 12th standard syllabus while setting the question paper.
- CET passing marks out of 200 is 45 % for general category and for reserved category MHT CET passing marks is 40%.
- Candidates are advised to choose the medium/language of the exam carefully while submitting the MHT CET 2024 application form as the language selected at that time cannot be changed later.
MHT CET 2024 Syllabus
The authorities will release the MHT CET syllabus 2024 and exam pattern on the website. As mentioned above, questions in MHT CET 2024 will be prepared on the basis of the Class 11th and 12th Syllabus. Candidates have to focus on the entire syllabus of Class 12th for their MHT CET 2024 preparation while only some topics will be included from the Class 11th syllabus. Candidates must understand the Maharashtra CET syllabus PDF beforehand in order to study the right topics for the exam and can practice the MHT CET previous year question paper.