CLAT Eligibility Criteria 2024: The CLAT 2024 eligibility criteria for undergraduate and postgraduate programs have been outlined by the Consortium of National Law Universities (NLUs). Individuals aiming to take part in the law entrance examination are required to fulfill the CLAT 2024 eligibility requirements.
Table of Contents
About CLAT Eligibility Criteria 2024
Candidates who do not meet the eligibility for CLAT 2024 will not be considered for NLU admission even if they clear the entrance exam. The Application form of CLAT 2024 is currently open and eligible candidates can register themselves at consortiumofnlus.ac.in. CLAT 2024 will be held on December 03, 2023, in offline mode.
CLAT Eligibility 2024 – Highlights
|Educational Qualifications||To be eligible for CLAT 2024 candidates must have completed their class 12 from a recognized institution|
Candidates appearing for their class 12 exams are also eligible for CLAT 2024
|To be eligible for CLAT PG 2024 candidates must have completed their LLB degree (5-year or 3-year LLB) from a university recognised by the BCI.|
Minimum marks in qualifying exam
|General /OBC/PWD/NRI/PIO/OCI – 45%||General /OBC/PWD/NRI/PIO/OCI – 50%|
|SC/ST category – 40%||SC/ST category – 45%|
|Age limit||No age limit|
CLAT UG Eligibility Criteria – Complete Details
The following are the eligibility for clat exam for UG law programmes:
To be eligible for CLAT 2024, applicants must have passed class 12 or an equivalent examination from a recognized board or institution.
Candidates appearing in the qualifying exam (Class 12 exam in April/May, 2024) are also eligible to appear in CLAT 2024. However, such candidates must produce the certificate of qualifying examination at the time of admission failing which their admission will be cancelled.
Minimum Qualifying Marks Required for UG-CLAT 2024
- Candidates must have passed their qualifying examination (Class 12) with at least 45% aggregate marks.
- SC and ST candidates are required to secure at least 40% or equivalent grades.
CLAT Eligibility: Age Limit
There is no age limit for appearing in UG CLAT 2024 and for pursuing LLB course in national law universities.
LLM CLAT Eligibility Criteria 2024
The following are the eligibility criteria of CLAT 2024 for PG programme:
- The candidate must have obtained an LLB degree (5-year or 3-year LLB) from a university recognised by the Bar Council of India.
- Candidates appearing in the final year of LLB graduation are also eligible for CLAT LLM 2024. Such candidates will be required to submit the qualification certificate at the time of admission.
Minimum Qualifying Marks Required for CLAT LLM 2024
- Candidates must secure at least 50% marks of their equivalent grade in LLB graduation.
- Only SC and ST candidates are required to secure at least 45% of the marks in the qualifying examination.
Age Limit for CLAT LLM 2024
There is no upper age limit for appearing in CLAT 2024 for LLM programme.
CLAT Application Form 2024
The consortium released the application form for CLAT on July 1, on its official website – consortiumofnlus.ac.in. Candidates need to submit their personal information, communication and educational details, preference of NLU, and other factors while registering for CLAT 2024. Candidates who successfully register for CLAT 2024 will be eligible to appear for the exam. CLAT application fee is Rs. 3500 (Rs. 3,000 for SC and ST candidates).