TS LAWCET Eligibility Criteria: TSCHE sets forth the prerequisites for TS LAWCET 2024, encompassing minimum qualifications and qualifying marks. Applicants must carefully review these criteria to ensure eligibility for the LLB program and check for any age restrictions in Telangana. Successful TS LAWCET 2024 candidates can secure admission to the 5-year integrated law course and the 3-year LLB program in Telangana’s law colleges. For comprehensive details on TS LAWCET 2024 eligibility criteria and related information, please refer to the complete article.
Table of Contents
The TSCHE prescribes different eligibility criteria for different law courses. Candidates should carefully check the TS LAWCET eligibility criteria 2024 for the particular course they wish to apply for. Given below is a table that gives an overview of the eligibility for LAWCET in Telangana.
|Course||Minimum Qualification||Minimum Marks||Age Limit|
|TS LAWCET 5-year LLB||12th grade or its equivalent||General Category – 45%|
OBC Category – 42%
SC/ST – 40%
|There is no TS LAWCET age eligibility criteria.|
|TS LAWCET 3-year LLB||Graduate in any stream in 10+2+3 pattern or its equivalent|
TS LAWCET Eligibility Criteria 2024: Important Points
- Candidates who are appearing in the qualifying exam (Class 12th for 5-year LLB, and Final year of graduation for 3-year LLB) are also eligible to apply provided that they qualify their exam before the counselling begins.
- If a candidate obtained fewer than the graduation marks of 45%, 42%, and 40%, he or she should have received the same percentage or more on the whole in any postgraduate or B.Ed. programme.
- For admission into the 5 year LLB course, the percentage of 44.5% and above in aggregate in 10+2 for general categories, 41.5% or above in aggregate in 10+2 for OBC category and 39.5% and above in aggregate in 10+2 for SC/ST category will be considered as 45%,42% and 40% of aggregate marks respectively
- For admission into 3 year LLB, the percentage of 44.5% and above in aggregate in graduation for general categories, 41.5% or above in aggregate in graduation for OBC category and 39.5% and above in aggregate in graduation for SC/ST category will be considered as 45%,42% and 40% of aggregate marks respectively
- Candidates who acquired their degrees from an open university or through private, or correspondence setting in one sitting without having completed a three-year course are not eligible to apply
- There is no TS LAWCET age limit for candidates appearing for the TS LAWCET 2024 exam
TS LAWCET 2024 Qualifying Marks
The TS LAWCET eligibility criteria 2024 prescribes the following minimum qualifying marks for candidates in the entrance exam
- The minimum qualifying marks in the entrance test is 35%
- There is no minimum qualifying marks prescribed for the SC & ST candidates in the entrance exam
- Merely qualifying in the entrance exam is not enough for admission into the BA LLB and LLB courses.
Candidates also have to comply with the following:
- Appear for counselling at designated centres
- Apply in response to the admission notification issued by the concerned authority
- Fulfil all eligibility requirements for TS LAWCET 2024 mentioned in the exam notification.
TS LAWCET 2024 Criteria for Ranking
TSCHE will declare the TS LAWCET result on its official website. The candidates will be ranked based on the marks secured in the TS LAWCET 2024. In case of a tie, the following rule would be adopted to rank the candidates:
- By considering the marks secured in Part-C of TS LAWCET and if the tie still persists marks obtained in Part-B in TS LAWCET shall be considered
- If the tie still persists they may be bracketed together for the purpose of ranking and seniority in age may be considered at the time of admission
TS PGLCET Eligibility Criteria 2024
The TSCHE also prescribes the eligibility criteria for TS PGLCET 2024 through which candidates will be admitted into the LLM courses of participating law colleges.
Here’s the overview of the eligibility requirement for TS PGLCET:
- Educational qualification – Candidates must have completed graduation in Law (3 year LLB or 5-year LLB) from a university recognized by the Bar Council of India. Candidates who have appeared/appearing for LL.B./B.L. final year examination are also eligible provided they qualify their exam before the counselling for LLM begins
- Age limit: There is no age limit for appearing in TS PGLCET 2024.
- TS PGLCET minimum cut off marks – General and OBC candidate must have scored at least 25 % in TS PGLCET 2024 entrance exam. However,there is no minimum qualifying marks prescribed for SC and ST candidates.
- Tie Breaker Rule: The Candidates will be ranked according to thel marks obtained in the entrance exam. If there is a tie in total marks, the marks obtained in Part-A of the exam will be considered for deciding the rank. If the tie persists candidates may be bracketed together for the purpose of ranking and seniority in age may be considered at the time of admission
The other norms for TS PGLCET 2024 are the same as TS LAWCET 2024.
TS LAWCET Application Form 2024
Osmania University which conducts the TS LAWCET exam on behalf of TSCHE will release the TS LAWCET application form 2024. Candidates can fill out the application form online on the official admission portal – lawcet.tsche.ac.in. To register for the exam, candidates will have to provide details such as personal details, educational qualifications and then pay the required registration fee.