Logical Reasoning: Candidates should prepare all sections properly, however, the logical reasoning section of AILET 2024 is most important as it carries a maximum number of questions and weightage from the overall AILET Question Paper 2024.
In order to score a good rank in AILET 2024, candidates need to focus on scoring as well as section. In order to crack the logical reasoning section, candidates need to have a good AILET preparation strategy along with the best ways to attempt passage-based questions in this section.
Table of Contents
Logical Reasoning for AILET 2024
One of the most popular law entrance exams in India is AILET. To appear in the exam, candidates need to master all the sections included in the AILET 2024 exam. NLU Delhi aspirants should cover all the sections in order to get selected.
The Logical Reasoning section of AILET 2024 is solely based on logic. Out of 150, 70 marks are allotted for the Logical Reasoning section and it has the highest weightage. Candidates need to focus on this section and practice hard to clear the exam. Make a proper preparation plan for the Logical Reasoning section.
AILET or All India Law Entrance Test is the only law entrance test accepted by NLU Delhi. The exam is conducted by NLU (National Law University) Delhi for admission to its five-year BA LL.B and one-year LL.M course. AILET 2024 is going to be conducted in offline mode across various test center in India on December 10, 2023.
This year, the AILET exam authority has eliminated Elementary Mathematics and Legal Aptitude sections. So, candidates need to prepare really well for the Logical Reasoning section as it has the highest weightage now. This section is time-consuming but with enough practice, it can be solved easily. The Logical Reasoning section can questions based on Legal Principles, however, the questions would be of average level and not based on core topics.
Important Topics of AILET Logical Reasoning 2024
Logical Reasoning tests are nothing but a way to test your ability to interpret number sequences, patterns, coding, decoding and so on.
Given below is the detailed syllabus of the Logical Reasoning Section of AILET 2024:
- Series (Letter + Number)
- Coding decoding
- Seating Arrangement (Single + Multiple)
- Statement and Conclusion
- Alphabet Test, Statement and Course of Action
- Puzzle Test
- Ranking Test
- Blood Relation
- Direction & Sense Test
- Eligibility Test
- Statement and Assumption
- One Word Substitution
- Logical Sequence of Word
Tips to Prepare for AILET 2024 Logical Reasoning Section
Before we begin with the preparation tips for Logical Reasoning AILET 2024, candidates must have a distinct plan to go about it. Here are the top 9 preparation tips that can surely help someone score well in this section.
- Be an active reader and think while you are reading the question. Determine the topic, understand the complicated parts and ask yourself questions about the passage. Make sure you clear the problem in your head before you deduce the answer.
- Develop a mental checklist of strategies to comprehend the logical reasoning questions including shapes, sizes, numbers, etc. This will assist you with a more methodical approach to the AILET 2024 Logical Reasoning section.
- Do not burden yourself with the complexity of the question/passage. There may be a lot of data in the question which are incorporated to confuse you. Focus on the question and the aspect that it is based on.
- Identify the Type of Question: Logical Reasoning questions must always be identified and your approach must depend on the type of question you are answering. For instance, if the question is an assumption-based question, you must learn the gap between the evidence and conclusion first. The right answer shall be the option that reaches the conclusion at once.
- Circle important keywords which will help you find the right answer.
- DO NOT assume anything and consider only the information that is available in the given passage/question.
- There will be a mix of difficult and easy questions. The questions that you find difficult can be handled in a different way – Try drawing diagrams in order to confirm your thought process and the idea or assumption is given in the passage.
- Practice previous years’ question papers along with online or offline mock tests. This will help you identify your weaknesses and strengths and give you an idea of the exam environment.
AILET 2024 Exam Pattern
The AILET 2024 will have 150 Multiple Choice Questions for 150 marks that must be attempted within 1 hour 30 minutes. The AILET has sections on English, Basic Mathematics, General Knowledge, Legal Aptitude and Logical Reasoning. Check out the AILET Exam Pattern Overview below.
|Total number of questions||150|
|Duration of the Examination||1 hour 30 minutes|
|Negative Marking||There will be Negative Marking in AILET 2024-22. The formula for the negative marking will be 0.25X4=1.|
AILET 2024 Subject Areas and Marks Distribution
To have a better understanding of AILET 2024, marks distribution has been provided for all the sections:
|Exam Section||Total Questions||Marks Distribution|
|English||35 Questions||35 Marks|
|Legal Aptitude||35 Questions||35 Marks|
|General Knowledge (Current Affairs, Geography, Economics, Civics, General Science, History)||35 Questions||35 Marks|
|Elementary Mathematics |
|10 Questions||10 Marks|
|Logical Reasoning||35 Questions||35 Marks|