AILET Last Minute Tips: AILET exam is just around the corner, and you have only a few more days left for the preparation! Many of you might fear how to revise all the topics in such a short period and how to improve my speed in the final exam?
Table of Contents
AILET Last Minute Tips 2024
The AILET exam is conducted every year and is a popular law entrance exam that offers admission to NLU Delhi. Other National Law Universities accept CLAT scores but NLU Delhi holds a separate law entrance exam. There are other top law colleges that accept AILET scores to select candidates for law courses.
Students who are willing to appear for the AILET exam must prepare themselves properly as AILET is quite competitive just like CLAT exam. After clearing AILET, candidates can get admission to the BA LL.B or LL.M courses offered by NLU Delhi.
The AILET 2024 exam will be conducted on December 10, 2023. The application will be out by August 07, 2023. The last-minute preparation tips for AILET 2024 are given below for the candidates to follow.
Find out more about the detailed AILET 2022 Last Minute Preparation Tips here.
Last-Minute Preparation Strategy
The last-minute preparation Strategy for AILET 2024 have been specified below.
- Revision is the Key: If you have written down the important topics and concepts, make sure to revisit them. Skim through the entire syllabus of AILET 2024 once so that the ideas stay in your mind.
- Analyse the Mock Tests: Most of the candidates appear for the AILET Mock Tests while preparing for the exam. In case you did the same, go back and analyse them. Identify the silly mistakes and blunders you made. Focus on them and try to rectify the mistakes. Take the AILET 2024 mock test again in order to assess your improvement.
- Solve Previous Year’s Question Papers: Dig out at least 6-7 previous years’ question papers of AILET 2024 and try solving them. It would help you in understanding the nature and type of questions better. They also help you understand the exam pattern and the difficulty level of the exam. Solving the Previous Year’s Question Papers is the best way to figure out the weak areas and work on them.
- Practice Makes One Perfect: It is highly underrated yet the most effective way to get a good score in AILET. Take out some time to practice the questions and the concepts every day. Also, do not skip reading newspapers and editorials. It helps in maintaining momentum, increasing accuracy and enhancing speed.
- Know the Marking Scheme: The candidates must be aware of the marks distribution of the AILET exam. The total marks for the examination would be 150, where students will get +1 for every correct answer and – 0.25 for every incorrect answer. Let’s quickly take a look at the LL.B and LL.M marks distribution.
For BA LL.B
|Sections||No. of Questions||Marks|
|Current Affairs and General Knowledge||30||30|
|Section A||No. of Questions||Marks|
|Total for Section A||100||100|
|Section B||No. of Questions||Marks|
|Subjective (Descriptive type of questions)||8-10 (2 needs to be answered out of this)||50|
- Get Your Sleep Schedule Right: You are required to be well-rested before the exam so that you can perform with a relaxed state of mind. Sleeping for 7-8 hours a day removes fatigue and mental exhaustion. It enhances concentration and helps in putting pressure aside.
- Focus on Time-Management: Managing time plays a crucial role in the AILET exam. Set the timer before taking any mock test or solving sample papers. Allot a fixed time to each section and try winding it up within the prescribed time. Leave a few minutes in the end for revision.
- Remember the Shortcuts and Formula: Knowing apt formulae and shortcuts saves a lot of time in the exam. Do not make the mistake of neglecting them. Learn them by heart and apply them while practising for D-Day. Try jotting down the shortcuts and formulae in a notebook and going through them once in a while.
- Do Not Go Through New Information: You are required to pay attention to whatever information you have already gathered over the course of preparation. Do not start anything new as it can create a lot of confusion in the final days and can result in a lot of confusion which can hamper your exam preparation.
- Accuracy and Speed: These are two factors that play a very important role in the AILET Exam Preparation. Speed is important but not at the cost of accuracy. If your speed is not so good, make sure that you focus on achieving maximum accuracy. There is negative marking in the exam so instead of blindly focusing on attempting all the questions, try attempting all the questions correctly.
- Keep All the Documents Ready: In order to avoid any last-minute rush, keep all the required documents and things ready. Take a printout of the AILET 2024 admit card beforehand. Keep an identity proof, sanitiser, gloves and mask ready so that on the day of the exam you do not have to spend your time searching for these things.
- Take a Balanced Diet: Food is an integral part and a key factor that help an individual in performing better in the exam. Avoid taking overly oily food as it can make you feel heavy and lethargic. Also, having a light meal can result in hunger pangs which can create a distraction on exam day. Take a balanced, healthy diet so that your mind remains fresh while taking the AILET exam.
- Focus on Quality, Not Quantity: The last few days of the exam preparation must be spent on quality preparation. Candidates should not be in a rush to cover anything and everything. The main focus should be on revision.
AILET 2024: Important Documents to Carry on Exam Day
On the AILET 2024 exam day, candidates have to carry certain items without which they will not be allowed inside the examination hall. With the exam approaching, candidates should be ready with all the important documents/ items and follow the last-minute preparation tips.
The list of the documents needed to be carried on the exam day is given below for the test-takers to take a quick look into it.
- The AILET 2024 admit card is the most important document that should be carried to the exam centre. Remember to carry a valid government-issued ID proof along with the admit card without which candidates won’t be allowed to enter the exam hall.
- The ID proof accepted in the examination hall are Aadhaar Card, Voter ID Card, Passport or Driving License.
- Don’t forget to carry a pencil, a blue or black ballpoint pen and your passport-sized photographs.
- The items prohibited inside the examination centre are mobile phones, electronic watches, calculators and other electronic devices.
- Candidates are not supposed to carry any unauthorised documents along with them inside the examination hall.
- Test-takers must reach the exam centre at least an hour before the commencement of the examination.
General Tips for AILET 2024
Some last-minute preparation recommendations for AILET 2024 are given below for the law aspirants to check them out.
- If you want to memorise the crucial parts, you should revise the small notes prepared during AILET 2024 preparation.
- When last few days are left for the examination, you must practice as many AILET previous year question papers as you can.
- Try to make a habit of answering the questions keeping enough time to recheck before submitting the answer sheet.
- When you will be left with just a month for the AILET exam, solve question papers to understand the type of questions asked and the difficulty level of the entrance examination.
- In the final few days before AILET 2024, do not learn new or unclear topics as it will make you nervous and you might lose confidence.
- Do not get anxious and stressed, if you start panicking, you won’t be able to perform well in the exam. Be optimistic about the exam and it will boost your self-esteem.
- The notes that you have prepared for AILET 2024, should be reread so that you remember the important points.
- You must take exams for one section at a time. This will help you to understand your preparation level for every section.
- AILET 2024 exam-day instructions released by the exam authority must be followed so that you do not miss out on anything.
Section-wise AILET 2024 Preparation Tips
These were some last-minute preparation tips of AILET 2024. By following these tips, the applicants can improve their final performance and score well in the AILET Result 2024.
To know more about the sectional preparation tips of AILET 2024, click on the links mentioned below.
After the declaration of AILET Result 2024, aspirants will be shortlisted for admission to NLU Delhi.