TS LAWCET Exam Pattern Revealed: Osmania University, Hyderabad, acting on behalf of the Telangana State Council of Higher Education (TSCHE), has unveiled the TS LAWCET 2024 exam pattern. It is imperative for candidates to acquaint themselves with the TS LAWCET 2023 exam pattern prior to commencing their exam preparations. The TS LAWCET question paper will comprise objective-type questions designed to assess candidates’ abilities and aptitude. The TS LAWCET exam pattern for 2024 encompasses crucial details such as the examination mode, the number and types of questions, marking schemes, and other pertinent information.
Table of Contents
TS LAWCET 2024 Exam Pattern
|Exam duration||90 minutes|
|Type of exam||Online, Computer-based test mode|
|Type of questions||Objective type questions|
|Number of sections||3 sections|
|Total number of questions||120|
|Marking scheme||1 mark will be awarded for a correct answer;|
There is no negative marking
|Sections||General Knowledge and Mental Ability|
Aptitude for the Study of Law
|Exam language||English, Hindi, Telugu|
TS LAWCET Exam Pattern 2024 – Important Details
Osmania University will conduct the TS LAWCET exam 2024 on behalf of TSCHE. There will be three sections in the question paper:
- Part A: General Knowledge and Mental Ability
- Part B: Current Affairs
- Part C: Aptitude for the Study of Law
TS LAWCET 2024 – Distribution of Questions
The section-wise distribution of marks for TS LAWCET exam 2024 if given below:
Distribution of questions in TS LAWCET exam 2024
|Section||Maximum marks||Maximum questions|
|General knowledge and mental ability||30||30|
|Aptitude for Study of Law||60||60|
Mode of TS LAWCET Exam 2024
The TS LAWCET entrance examination 2024 will be a computer based test. The candidates will be allotted a computer in their respective examination centre to appear for the exam. The TS LAWCET exam tests the following abilities of candidates:
- Aptitude for study of law
- General knowledge and mental ability and
- Current affairs
TS LAWCET 2024 – Exam Duration
The duration of exam in TS LAWCET 2024 will be 1 hour and 30 minutes. It is mandatory for the candidates to complete the exam in the specified period of time. Candidates will not be allotted extra time under any circumstances. For PwD and SAP candidates, an extra of 20 minutes will be allotted to complete the examination. There is no sectional time limit specified for sections in the examination.
Types of Questions in TS LAWCET Exam 2024
- The questions in the TS LAWCET entrance examination are objective type/multiple choice questions.
- Candidates will be provided four choices for the questions given.
- Candidates should mark the most appropriate answer.
- There will be an essay question too which will be of descriptive nature.
TS LAWCET 2024 Exam – Medium of Examination
- TS LAWCET exam 2024 will be given in English, Hindi and Telugu medium.
- Applicants can attempt the questions as per their preferred language.
TS LAWCET Exam Pattern 2024 – Marking Scheme
- Each question in the exam will carry equal marks i.e 1 marks each.
- Candidates for every correct answer will receive 1 mark.
- There is no negative marking for wrong answers.
- Even for Unattempted questions there is no negative marking.
Qualifying marks in TS LAWCET Exam 2024
- Candidates with a score a minimum of 35% marks should qualify the entrance exam, which means that minimum passing marks are 42 out of 120.
- However, for SC/ST candidates no minimum marks have been specified.
Tie Breaker Rule in TS LAWCET Exam 2024
If two candidates score the same marks, the following criteria will be followed as a tie-breaker rule:
- The marks in Part C that is Aptitude for the study of law will be considered.
- If in case the tie still does not break then the current affairs section will be considered.
- If again the tie persists, candidates with same scores will be grouped together for ranking purposes and at the time of admission, the age will be considered.
No official syllabus has been specified for TS LAWCET exam 2024. The exam will have three sections and candidates will be evaluated across these parameters:
TS LAWCET 2023 Syllabus
|Part – A||General knowledge and mental ability||General awareness includes: history, geography, economics, logical reasoning, environmental science|
Mental ability section includes: Syllogism, number and series, puzzles, algebra, blood relation, and direction-based questions
|Part – B||Current Affairs||Events and news of national and international importance of the past one year related to appointments, Sports, awards, etc.|
|Part – C||Aptitude for the Study of Law||Elementary knowledge about law subjects, principles of law, questions about constitutions of india, constitutional rights|